Hey everyone! If you've been around for a while, you'll notice that I haven't been posting a lot lately. This usually comes in waves when work is really busy, when I have a lull in work, or when I'm just not in the writing mood.
I remember I used to mix in a lot more personal on this blog and since it is mine, I'm going to start that up again. I am hoping to mix in a little reflection and share snippets of my life. I could start a separate blog but then that would just be super confusing. I do however, have a blog dedicated to my religious journey, which you can read at The Lost Lamb. It's mostly about God and my faith as a fairly new convert to the Catholic religion some 5 years ago.
But on here, I'm just going to share what is on my mind as well as my photography.
Currently, this is where I'm at:
- Baby vampire teeth are coming in... I don't know the official name but you know which ones I'm talking about. And man, have we been having a lot of nightly wake-ups and bouts of crying that comes out of left field. But today I saw the little buggers poking through so it seems like we've passed the worst. For now.
- After 1.5 years, I am finally feeling normal as a woman, mother, wife, and just person. I feel like this should be a post all in itself because it's been a rollercoaster - I'm so grateful for my husband who has been so patient with me and always by my side.
- I'm working on a couple of side projects at the moment and have let my photography kind of go by the way side, but I'm happy for the (few) events we'll be covering this year! Whoo hoo!
- You guys, living by the beach is awesome. I feel like I'm bragging but let me just say that if you wish to live by the beach, or on a mountain, or where ever, make moves. You are not stuck and you don't have to be stuck. We made moves, and trust me we were afraid, but we're here. Living that beach life. You can do it. This also feels like I could do a separate post.
- I'm excited for the beach sessions coming up that I have! If you haven't already, check out the McKay (pronounced Mac・kai) that I recently blogged. If you're visiting this area, let me know and we'll catch up and get some coffee and take some killer photos.
- Making new friends is awesome. I'm an introvert by nature and actually like being alone. But I also live for those one-on-one connections with people and since moving, I haven't really had that here. Finally making friends and getting out and having some good ol' girl time was so needed.
- I bought new pens, I know this is so boring, but they have changed my planner life. I'm a pen junkie, anyone else?
- Today I went to the beach and drank my coffee there looking and listening to the big blue space in front of me. I need to do this every morning because I feel like I've slept a million hours, all by just looking at the ocean. Incredible.
That's all guys. I know my life isn't exactly the most exciting. It's a normal life and full of hard adulting and some pretty good belly laughs, mostly at my son because he's a toddler and does some really funny stuff. Check out my Instagram to see him dance, and do funny stuff. But I rather have my little boring and normal life than be faking the funk. Anyone else feel like social media is all about the "influencer" now? So boring.
Anyway, what's your life been like lately? Normal too?