I've been living outside of the US for almost 4 years now. I can't believe that it's been that long! I have to say that since moving here to Nayarit, the pros definitely outweigh the cons.
Some of my favorite things about living in Nayarit in no particular order.
- Being so close to the beach! Within an hour and I'm on a beautiful beach with the most beautiful sunsets and lukewarm water.
- Being close to bigger cities like Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta- which means we have access to lots of festivals, concerts, and major events and don't feel like we miss out on anything.
- Having so many places to go and see! There are so many beaches, the sierras, the lagunas, waterfalls, trails, natural springs, and many Pueblos Magicos like Tequila, Sayulita, and Jala just to name a few. We have so many places to explore still!
- The people here are just so nice. Everyone is very amicable and always helps you out if you need it.
- Direct flights to Tijuana so that I can always be a 3 hour flight away from my family just in case I need something. Or when they come visit :D
- THE WEATHER. I have to put this in caps because we have simply the best weather out of all the regions nearby. During the spring it's cold morning and evening and during the day a little hot and humid but never over 90 degrees. In the summer the fog rolls in and it rains non-stop the whole time. Fall and winter get cooler and fresh with out any of the humidity but you'll get perfect 75 degree days in between. Still perfect weather to hit the beach!
- Public transportation is really functional here. Taxi's are not at all expensive and there are more buses passing through at all times of the day. We've used them to festivals, events downtown, or at night when we want to go to a bar. And if you live here without a car, you can even take a bus to the beaches and surrounding cities.
- Destination weddings! I love to photograph weddings and weddings that take place on the beach are my absolute favorite!!! I love it when people come here from the US or Canada and get married here. It's just so much fun! If you want to know more about destination weddings click HERE to read the post I wrote ;).
- We adopted Sasha, which has brought sooo much joy into our lives and she loves to go out and adventure with us. We take her with us whenever we can, otherwise we just think of her the whole time!
And now that we're expecting a little one, we can't wait to go to the beach and explore all of the amazing places we've been to and still have left to see! It's like every time we leave the house, there is something new - we love that feeling.
It's been a crazy ride but sooo worth it. The Riviera Nayarit is full of adventure and relaxation so if you're on a fence about coming, just do it already. You won't regret it at all ever!